Huawei P30 Pro is the latest flagship from the Chinese telecommunications giant. Huawei’s P-series is all about photography. For the third year in a row now, the Chinese giant is aiming to outdo Apple, Samsung, and other players in the high-end smartphone space specifically in terms of camera quality and features. After experimenting with unique sensors, lenses, and software features with the Huawei P10 and P20 families, we now have with us the new Huawei P30 Pro
- Display: 6.47-inch OLED FHD+ 2340*1080P
- CPU: HUAWEI Kirin 980 Octa-core Processor, Dual NPUs
- System: EMUI 9.1.0, based on Android 9.0.
- Storage: 8GB of RAM, 128GB/256GB/512GB of storage with TF card up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: 40MP (Wide Angle Lens, f/1.6,OIS) + 20MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2) + 8MP (Telephoto, f/3.4,OIS)
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: Rechargeable 4200mAh (Typical Value), Support HUAWEI SuperCharge（Max 40W） HUAWEI Wireless Quick Charge(15W)
- Water Resistance: IP68
- Other Functions: 4G dual SIM, BT5.0, In-screen Fingerprint, USB type-C,2.4G/5G WIFI, GPS, etc.
- FDD-LTE: B1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/12/17/18/19/20/26
- TD-LTE: B34/38/39/40/41
- WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/6/8/19,
- TD-SCDMA: B34/39, CDMA BC0 ( 800MHz ) GSM: B2/3/
Huawei P30 Pro camera
At the time of the launch, Huawei claimed that its P30 Pro smartphone will rewrite the rules of photography. Strong words indeed but as they say talk is cheap, it’s what you deliver is actually matters. After having spent almost two weeks with the device, we can say that cameras are what will sell the Huawei P30 Pro. It is the Huawei P30 Pro’s ‘superpower’. Let’s get the specifications out of the way first. As mentioned above, there are four cameras on the back of the Huawei P30 Pro — a 40MP “SuperSpectrum” main sensor with f/1.6 aperture with OIS, a 20MP wide-angle sensor boasting OIS with f/2.2 aperture, an 8MP telephoto periscope camera boasting a 5x optical zoom and 10x Hybrid Zoom with f/3.4 aperture and lastly a dedicated time-of-flight camera for capturing improved bokeh quality.
To understand how the cameras work so well on the P30 Pro, there are some technicalities that must be laid out. With the P30 Pro, Huawei has equipped a completely new color filter in the camera. Instead of the Red, Green, Green, Blue (RGGB) Bayer Pattern filter that we see being in almost every camera sensors, it uses a Red, Yellow, Yellow, Blue (RYYB) filter pattern, which is claimed to help it capture 40% more light, which is achieved due to this Yellow subpixels as they are said to absorb both Red and Greenlight.