Windows Server 2019 Standard 16 Cores License & Media. This edition is designed for physical or minimally virtualized environments. This uses a Core-based licensing model & requires the purchase of WS CALs.
Why Standard Edition?
• Deliver enhancements to core Windows Server functionality.
• Enable developers to create cloud-native apps and modernize traditional apps using containers and micro-services.
• Increase security and reduce business risk with multiple layers of protection built into the operating system.
Standard Edition Key Features:
• Core Windows Server Functionality.
• Hybrid integration.
• Up to 2x OSEs/Hyper-V Containers.
• Unlimited Windows Server Containers.
• Host Guardian Service.
• Up to 2TB Single Volume Storage Replica.
Datacenter and Standard Edition per-Core Licensing
Windows Server 2019 Datacenter and Standard editions are licensed by physical core. Licenses are sold in 2-packs and 16-packs.
Minimum License Requirements:
• All physical cores must be licensed.
• 8 core licenses per processor.
• 16 core licenses per server.
Standard Edition License Stacking for OSEs
• Standard edition is licensed for 2 operating system environments (OSEs) or Hyper-V containers. Additional OSEs require additional licenses.
*Datacenter edition is licensed for unlimited OSEs.
This product includes a single (1) license authorizing usage on a single (1) server with up to 16-Cores. Also included is a DVD-ROM featuring the installation media required to install Windows Server 2019 Standard 64-bit on your server.
For servers with more than 16-Cores, there is an alternative package with license & installation media for up to 24-Cores. Alternatively, additional core licenses are available in packs of 2, 4, & 16 core licenses, which can be purchased in any combination to match the core count of your server.
CAL (Client Access Licenses) are not included with this product and must be purchased separately to use this server software. These are available in 1 or 5 user Packs, or alternatively in 1 or 5 Device Packs, allowing you the flexibility to choose the number & type of CAL packs to suit your business or organization’s needs.
Full Compliment of Features in Microsoft Server 2019*
Unique Hybrid Capabilities with Azure
Extend your datacentre to Azure to maximize existing investments and gain new hybrid capabilities. The move to the cloud is a journey and often takes a hybrid approach, one that combines on-premises and cloud environments. With its hybrid cloud capabilities, Microsoft takes a future-proof, long-term approach—which is exactly why we see it playing a central role in cloud strategies for the foreseeable future. With Windows Server 2019, you will be able to easily integrate a comprehensive set of Azure services, such as Azure Backup, Azure File Sync, disaster recovery, and much more, without disrupting your applications and infrastructure.